Forum: Ruby on Rails Anyone using Goldberg for production sites?

Jake C. (Guest)
Just starting to look at Goldberg and I like what I see so far. However,
there's quite a bit in there. Anyone using Goldberg for production
sites?
How is the security, flexibility, etc?

Thanks for any input you can provide!

Jake
Jake C. (Guest)
On 3/21/07, Jake C. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:

> Just starting to look at Goldberg and I like what I see so far. However,
> there's quite a bit in there. Anyone using Goldberg for production sites?
> How is the security, flexibility, etc?

Bump...anyone at all? I'm certain someone out there has some experience
with
this?

Thanks!

Jake
Fredrik (Guest)
What is it? Obviously I can't answer your question, but would like to
know what it is. Consider it a free bump :)

Fredrik
Adrian M. (Guest)
Jake,

I personally don't although I'm looking into it. I know, though, of a
company that does. In the past MtnWestRuby conference a guy from
SurgeWorks [1] presented Goldberg and mentioned they use it all the
time and that it gives them a great head start when starting new
projects for the security and features built in. That presentation is
the reason aI am taking another look into Goldberg.

Just my .02 cents ;-)

AEM

[1] http://www.surgeworks.com/

--
Adrian Esteban Madrid
Phil P. (Guest)
Adrian M. wrote:
> Jake,
>
> I personally don't although I'm looking into it. I know, though, of a
> company that does. In the past MtnWestRuby conference a guy from
> SurgeWorks [1] presented Goldberg and mentioned they use it all the
> time and that it gives them a great head start when starting new
> projects for the security and features built in. That presentation is
> the reason aI am taking another look into Goldberg.
>
> Just my .02 cents ;-)

Hi Jake,

We are in the midst of development on our project and are using goldberg
to bootstrap the admin backend, security and authentication.  If you
have questions I would be happy to try and help.  You can email me at
removed_email_address@domain.invalid
rubynuby (Guest)
> Hi Jake,
>
> We are in the midst of development on our project and are usinggoldberg
> to bootstrap the admin backend, security and authentication.  If you
> have questions I would be happy to try and help.  You can email me at
> removed_email_address@domain.invalid
>
> --

Hello Phil,

I found your post in google groups.  I hope you don't mind answering a
question:  The goldberg forum appears dead.  I think the author must
be very busy.

have you implemented a "remember me" aka "keep me logged in" feature
in goldberg?

has it worked out well for you?  any problems?

thankd in advance

luu
James B. (Guest)
on 2008-01-07 18:24
rubynuby wrote:
> The goldberg forum appears dead.  I think the author must
> be very busy.

Goldberg 2.0.2 has been released as a gem.  It works with Rails >= 2.
ONLY, the Goldberg gem 2.0.1 ONLY works with Rails < 2.

I am using Goldberg as the web i/f scaffold for a new project.  I have
only glossed over its features but have managed a fully customized
appearance and colour scheme nonetheless, albeit based on the EWNF
template.

The author has been very busy and traveling of late.  However, he has
plans to revise the authentication scheme to permit multiple roles per
userid rather than the strict single inheritance scheme presently used.
James B. (Guest)
on 2008-01-07 18:42
James B. wrote:

> Goldberg 2.0.2 has been released as a gem.  It works with Rails >= 2.
> ONLY, the Goldberg gem 2.0.1 ONLY works with Rails < 2.

That should be goldberg_generator 0.2.1 and 0.2.2