Forum: Radiant CMS RailsConf MeetUp

Chris S. (Guest)
I saw there's a RadiantCMS user meetup set for 7PM on Thursday of
RailsConf 2007. I'd be very interested in meeting up with the rest of
you.

Any idea on how many might show?

Chris
Sean C. (Guest)
I created the gathering.  I wish there were an easy way to RSVP for
them... until then we can get an informal count from the list.  I'm
also not familiar with Portland; any recommendations for where to
meet?

Sean
Loren J. (Guest)
+1
I'll be there... Was just about to ask if such a thing existed.
Loren J. (Guest)
It's my home town, though I haven't lived there for awhile... I could
identify a place if nobody else has a really good idea?
Michael J. (Guest)
I live in Portland and look forward to meeting folks.

The Doug Fir is always a fun place to meet, it's a bar on Burnside and
close/easy to find.

Would that work or are we looking for a quite place?
Sean C. (Guest)
Sounds good, Michael, as long as it can fit all of us! Can you provide
an address?

Sean
Michael J. (Guest)
Address:
830 E Burnside St
Portland, OR 97214

Map:
http://www.google.com/maps?
f=q&hl=en&q=830%2Be%2Bburnside%2Bstreet,%2Bportland&ie=UTF8&z=15&om=1&iw
loc=A

Site:
http://www.dougfirlounge.com/location.html (darn it's image heavy)

I guess "all of us" is the real question...
Loren J. (Guest)
For what it's worth I can vouch for the Doug Fir, the best of
Portland hip. It's a fun place and not a long ways from the
conference center, though a drive. That's my vote. We'll all have
lots of quiet rooms later in the conference so I'm all forward a
little commotion to kick things off.

Look forward to putting faces to names.

Loren
Alex P. (Guest)
Could you guys tell me if I will be able to go there from Ukraine?
I am really interested in Ruby conference.

Thank,
Alex P.

Loren J. ?????:
Erik van Oosten (Guest)
Hi Alex,

RailsConf in Portland is sold-out.
In september there is a RailsConf in Berlin. That is probably a bit
closer for you as well.

Regards,
     Erik.

--
Erik van Oosten
John W. Long (Guest)

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=l&hl=en&q=wifi&near=...

--
John L.
http://wiseheartdesign.com

Chris
Michael J. (Guest)
I guess what one considers 'walking distance' is relative.

It's about 1/2 mile walk to DougFir from the convention center. Walking
in Portland is quite nice (when it's not raining).
http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=792303

John, I haven't heard of the JCafe?

My other 2 suggestions would be:

1. Rose and Raindrop (has wifi and is large)
http://www.roseandraindrop.com/

2. Produce Row (not sure about wifi but has a *great* beer selection)
http://www.producerowcafe.com/
http://www.google.com/maps?
f=q&hl=en&q=830%2Be%2Bburnside%2Bstreet,%2Bportland&ie=UTF8&z=15&om=1&iw
loc=A

However both of these suggestions seem to be about the same distance as
the Doug Fir.

I'll let you all decide.
-MJ
Sean C. (Guest)
I'm voting for Doug Fir (looks nice), although I hear John's plea
about Wifi... do they have it?  If not, we should probably do
something else.

Sean
Michael J. (Guest)
John Osborne (Guest)
on 2007-04-03 02:31
Alex P. wrote:
> Could you guys tell me if I will be able to go there from Ukraine?
> I am really interested in Ruby conference.
>
> Thank,
> Alex P.
>
> Loren J. ?????:

Alex, if you live in Ukraine and are a rails programmer please get in
touch with me, thanks removed_email_address@domain.invalid
orff (Guest)
I'll join too / What day / time them?