Forum: Ruby on Rails [Rails]Uploading file

Kushan J. (Guest)
Hi guys

is there anyone who knows how to upload files?
can u give me the required codings?

Thx
Regards
Kushan
glenn (Guest)
> is there anyone who knows how to upload files?
> can u give me the required codings?

http://wiki.rubyonrails.org/rails/pages/HowtoUploadFiles
Kushan J. (Guest)
i already followed wht that page says, but it wont work
can anyone give me codings
im sure some one may have done file uploading

Regards
Kushan
glenn (Guest)
> i already followed wht that page says, but it wont work
> can anyone give me codings
> im sure some one may have done file uploading

Someone has, and they posted the code on the wiki. If it's not working
then it would be more helpful to know what error you are getting.
Kushan J. (Guest)
this is the error i got

undefined method 'read'  for "c:\\modernchef.txt":String

this is the  model that i wrote

 def self.save(metro_upload)
    File.open("Metro_SQL/#{metro_upload['name']}/metro.sql", "w") {

     |f|

     $readedFile = f.read(metro_upload['sql_file'].read)

     f.write($readedFile)
    }

<http://wiki.rubyonrails.org/rails/pages/HowtoUploadFiles>
mixplate (Guest)
on 2007-03-21 14:56
check out railsgrunt.com to upload multiple files.

Kushan J. wrote:
> Hi guys
>
> is there anyone who knows how to upload files?
> can u give me the required codings?
>
> Thx
> Regards
> Kushan
Chad (Guest)
Check out the acts_as_attachment plugin it works great. Here is a
tutorial for it from the author of the plugin
http://weblog.techno-weenie.net/articles/acts_as_attachment
Colin Strasser (Guest)
Your bug is probably in this line:

>      $readedFile = f.read(metro_upload['sql_file'].read)

Since that's the only one with calls to a method named 'read' (note
the error message).  And since f.read is definitely a valid method
call, the second one would seem the likely culprit.  Why are you
calling metro_upload['sql_file'].read?  Isn't the value of
metro_upload['sql_file'] "c:\\modernchef.txt"?

--
Colin Strasser
Union Square Internet Development
Kushan J. wrote:
> this is the error i got
>
> undefined method 'read'  for "c:\\modernchef.txt":String

have you enctype="multipart/form-data" among your form attributes?
Jamal S. (Guest)
on 2007-03-21 23:37
And give permission, 0777
Robert (Guest)

You can use 'file_column' to control file/image uploadings

Cheers,
Robert

On Mar 22, 9:37 am, Jamal S. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid>