Forum: Ruby on Rails rails method to get the current url that called the action?

mixplate (Guest)
on 2007-03-21 03:20
hi, i implemented a captcha and basically need to redisplay the page
with the fetched information.

im trying redirect_to :back after the captcha is valid, but i think its
going back in history. so basically i need to find a way to recapture
the url that called the check captcha function.

thoughts?

thanks.
mixplate (Guest)
on 2007-03-21 14:59
when i use render :action, i lose the url that i specified in my routes.
hmmm, or maybe i can just create a new route for the check...
Ben M. (Guest)
This is in a controller right? You should be able to use
request.request_uri...

Rimantas L. (Guest)
2007/3/21, mixplate <removed_email_address@domain.invalid>:
<...>
> im trying redirect_to :back after the captcha is valid, but i think its
> going back in history. so basically i need to find a way to recapture
> the url that called the check captcha function.
>
> thoughts?

redirect_to :back should do exactly what you need - it works on
information contained
in http referef header, so it should go back to the page which
originated the request.
From the source:

when :back
  request.env["HTTP_REFERER"] ?
redirect_to(request.env["HTTP_REFERER"]) : raise(RedirectBackError)

Regards,
Rimantas
--
http://rimantas.com/