Forum: Ruby-Gnome 2 lgtkembedmoz ?

Alan L. (Guest)
I have a need to use the gtkmozembed widget, but cannot get it to
compile.  My machine is an x86_64 running Fedora Core 6.

[alan@erie gtkmozembed]$ export PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/usr/lib/pkgconfig
[alan@erie gtkmozembed]$ ruby extconf.rb
checking for GCC... yes
checking for rb_define_alloc_func()... yes
checking for rb_block_proc()... yes
checking for new allocation framework... yes
checking for attribute assignment... yes
xulrunner-gtkmozembed is not found.
firefox-gtkmozembed is found.
checking for gtk+-2.0... yes
checking for firefox-gtkmozembed... yes
checking for G_PLATFORM_WIN32... no
checking for main() in -lgtkembedmoz... no
*** extconf.rb failed ***
necessary libraries and/or headers.  Check the mkmf.log file for more
details.  You may need configuration options.

It complains that it doesn't find xulrunner-gtkmozembed, but...

[root@erie ruby-gnome2-all-0.16.0]# ls
/usr/lib/pkgconfig/*gtkmozembed.pc
/usr/lib/pkgconfig/firefox-gtkmozembed.pc
/usr/lib/pkgconfig/xulrunner-gtkmozembed.pc

The only thing I can think of is that after downloading xulrunner and
trying to "register-global", it complained that it couldn't find
libstdc++.so.5.  I pointed it to the copy in /usr/lib64, but it didn't
like it, so I copied the libstdc++.so.5 from my vmware installation to
the xulrunner directory and it worked just fine, creating
/usr/lib/pkgconfig/xulrunner-gtkmozembed.pc.  It is possible that
gtkmozembed just doesn't like it for some reason.  I am attaching the
mkmf.log file with the hope that it may mean something to you.

Thanks for your help.
Alan
Pascal T. (Guest)
Le mercredi 21 mars 2007 à 01:50 +0200, Alan L. a écrit :
> I have a need to use the gtkmozembed widget, but cannot get it to
> compile.  My machine is an x86_64 running Fedora Core 6.
>
> [alan@erie gtkmozembed]$ export PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/usr/lib/pkgconfig
Why ?
It should be /usr/lib64/pkgconfig on x86_64, else you will link against
32 bits libraries

> -I/usr/include/freetype2 -I/usr/include/libpng12 -I/usr/include/cairo
> -lpangocairo-1.0 -lpango-1.0 -lcairo -lgobject-2.0 -lgmodule-2.0 -ldl
> /usr/bin/ld: skipping incompatible /lib/libglib-2.0.so when searching
> for -lglib-2.0
> /usr/bin/ld: skipping incompatible /lib/libglib-2.0.a when searching
> for -lglib-2.0
> /usr/bin/ld: skipping
> incompatible /usr/lib/firefox-1.5.0.10/libgtkembedmoz.so when
> searching for -lgtkembedmoz
> /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lgtkembedmoz

Indeed it only finds a 32 bits firefox (and finds some 32 bits versions
of some other libs) while you are building for x86_64

your
http://www.techsay.com/default.php?page=join.php&p...