Forum: Ruby on Rails [ANN] SiteMeter is now Sitealizer v.1.1 Web Stats plugin

Thiago J. (Guest)
on 2007-03-20 21:55
The old 'sitemeter' plugin has been changed to Sitealizer v.1.1 Web
Stats plugin for Rails. Please update your bookmarks to point to
http://sitealizer.rubyforge.org

This change includes:
- [FIX] General bug fixes
- [NEW] Added 3 new rake tasks that allows you to update the plugin,
uninstall it and upgrade from the old 'sitemeter'
- [NEW] Added a link to whois under Hosts so you can see the host's
location

-- Installation --

On your Rails' root directory, just type
  script/plugin install http://opensvn.csie.org/sitealizer

and add the following line to your config/routes.rb:
  map.connect '/sitealizer/:action', :controller => 'sitealizer'

-- Upgrading from SiteMeter --

If you had previously installed 'sitemeter' you need to run the
following command for both production and development env after
installing Sitealizer, otherwise your stats will not be imported:
  rake sitealizer:remove_sitemeter

You also need to change:
  * include SiteMeter TO Include Sitealizer
  * before_filter :use_site_meter TO before_filter :use_sitealizer
  * map.connect '/sitemeter/:action', :controller => 'sitemeter' TO
map.connect '/sitealizer/:action', :controller => 'sitealizer'

-- Usage --

To track the visitors on your entire application, just edit your
ApplicationController(application.rb):

    include Sitealizer
    before_filter :use_sitealizer
  end

Or to track specific controllers:

    include Sitealizer
  end

  class MyController < ApplicationController
    before_filter :use_sitealizer
  end

-- Viewing the stats --

To view your stats just add "/sitealizer" to your main url:
  http://www.example.com/sitealizer

More info => http://sitealizer.rubyforge.org

--
Thiago J.
acts_as_solr => http://acts-as-solr.rubyforge.org

prepend_view_path("#{RAILS_ROOT}/vendor/plugins/sitealizer/lib/app/views")

It goes in the class methods ... just after the before_filter. Then
remove
the template_root= method.

Cool plugin, BTW.

Andrew-153 wrote:
> - [NEW] Added a link to whois under Hosts so you can see the host's
>
>   * before_filter :use_site_meter TO before_filter :use_sitealizer
>     include Sitealizer
>     before_filter :use_sitealizer

Thiago J. (Guest)
on 2007-03-21 02:12
Steve,

Thanks for the tip and the feedback! I'll certainly make use of that.
This plugin hasn't been tested with edge rails, just with the stable
releases.