Forum: GNU Radio Building wxPython in Cygwin

John Stralka (Guest)
I'm trying to build wxPython 2.8.1.1 under Cygwin following the
instructions on http://gnuradio.org/trac/wiki/wxPythonCygwin .  I have
successfully done this previously, but was having difficulty making GNU
Radio (which I have since identified what was wrong).  I went through an
uninstalled my wxPython and tried to rebuild it.  Unfortunately, now I
getting stuck on "make".  I get the following error.  Are there any
suggestions as to what may be wrong?

Configured wxWidgets 2.8.1 for `i686-pc-cygwin'
  Which GUI toolkit should wxWidgets use?                 msw
  Should wxWidgets be compiled into single library?       no
  Should wxWidgets be compiled in debug mode?             no
  Should wxWidgets be linked as a shared library?         yes
  Should wxWidgets be compiled in Unicode mode?           no
  What level of wxWidgets compatibility should be enabled?
                                       wxWidgets 2.4      no
                                       wxWidgets 2.6      yes
  Which libraries should wxWidgets use?
                                       jpeg               sys
                                       png                sys
                                       regex              sys
                                       tiff               builtin
                                       zlib               sys
                                       odbc               no
                                       expat              sys
                                       libmspack          no
                                       sdl                no

John@FREYT42 /usr/src/wxPython-src-2.8.1.1/build-local
$ make
/usr/src/wxPython-src-2.8.1.1/build-local/bk-deps gcc -c -o
wxtiff_tif_jpeg.o    -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -D_LARGE_FILES -D__WXDEBUG__
-I/usr/src/wxPython-src-2.8.1.1/build-local/lib/wx/include/msw-ansi-debug-2.8
-I../include -Wall -Wundef -O2 -fno-strict-aliasing
../src/tiff/tif_jpeg.c
../src/tiff/tif_jpeg.c: In function `alloc_downsampled_buffers':
../src/tiff/tif_jpeg.c:579: error: structure has no member named
`width_in_blocks'
../src/tiff/tif_jpeg.c: In function `JPEGEncodeRaw':
../src/tiff/tif_jpeg.c:1250: error: structure has no member named
`width_in_blocks'
../src/tiff/tif_jpeg.c: In function `JPEGPostEncode':
../src/tiff/tif_jpeg.c:1311: error: structure has no member named
`width_in_blocks'
make: *** [wxtiff_tif_jpeg.o] Error 1
Don W. (Guest)
John Stralka wrote:

>                                        jpeg               sys
You are using your system jpeg library, but the instructions on the wiki
were tested using the wxWidgets builtin jpeg library.

> $ make
> ../src/tiff/tif_jpeg.c: In function `JPEGPostEncode':
> ../src/tiff/tif_jpeg.c:1311: error: structure has no member named
> `width_in_blocks'
> make: *** [wxtiff_tif_jpeg.o] Error 1

The errors appear to be associated with the jpeg functions.  Try adding
"--with-libjpeg=builtin" to your ../configure to use the libjpeg that
comes
with wxPython.  Or, if you don't need it, you can try uninstalling the
Cygwin libjpeg-devel package.  Or, if you really want to get into it,
you
can compare your /usr/include/jpeglib.h with
wxPython-src-2.8.1.1/src/jpeg/jpeglib.h and try to figure out if you
need a
newer version (or an older version; or a different version ...).

Let me know if this works; if it does I will add a note in the wiki
instructions.

-- Don W.