Forum: Ruby Ajax in ruby on rails

Saravanankumar S. (Guest)
  I have user model & a method to edit it.
  Using normal ruby with html, i did it.
  But, using ajax i want to submit the page.

  I know there is a tag
        "<%=form_remote_tag %> "
  But, already i've used
        "<% form_for :user ...%>

        I want to submit the page using ajax.
        Is it possible? If, it is, please help me to how to do it?

                       Thanks.
Deepak Kumar S. (Guest)
on 2007-03-20 08:42
Saravanankumar S. wrote:
> Hi,
>   I have user model & a method to edit it.
>   Using normal ruby with html, i did it.
>   But, using ajax i want to submit the page.
>
>   I know there is a tag
>         "<%=form_remote_tag %> "
>   But, already i've used
>         "<% form_for :user ...%>
>
>         I want to submit the page using ajax.
>         Is it possible? If, it is, please help me to how to do it?
>
>                        Thanks.

Hello,

Check it out the following link. May it will help you.

http://blog.invisible.ch/files/rails-reference-1.1...

and
Having multiple submit buttons is fairly easy with a regular form_for
tag. You merely create your submit buttons like below.

<%= submit_tag "Send", :name => "send_button" %>
<%= submit_tag "Save Draft", :name => "draft_button" %>

Thanx
Deepak
http://www.ajuby.com