Forum: Radiant CMS performance optimizations

Todd McGrath (Guest)

I have some pages that generate XML and I'm looking to improve
performance.
(Actually, I'm looking for any tips that will improve performance)

Here's one that is concerning-

http://pastie.caboo.se/47962

I don't think a page like this will be cached because of the
<r:find|children>
tags?  right?

I'm using 0.6 rc1 on BSD with Apache/FastCGI (default settings) and
these are
some of the ideas I'm considering-

* Creating a new page type that writes out the result XML to public/
rather than
regenerate each time.

* Implement the caching patch I've seen mentioned

* Use xsendfile?  - I've seen mention of this, but have no experience
with it.

* tweak fastcgi settings

What do you think?  Any opinions/ suggestions?

Thanks,
Todd
Kevin A. (Guest)
Hi Todd,

That page should still get cached if you are using the standard radiant
system, are you finding that this isn't the case?

Best Regards,
Kevin

On 3/19/07, Todd McGrath <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:

> regenerate each time.
> Thanks,
> Todd

BN23 Search Limited is Registered in England
Company Number: 5323555
VAT registration Number: 896 69 0062

BN23 Search Limited
Temple Grove
Compton Place Road
Eastbourne
East Sussex
BN20 8AD
Todd McGrath (Guest)
Hi Kevin,

Thank you.  My assumption was wrong - on further review, I do see the
xml files
in the cache directory.

Well, I guess that one is crossed off the list then.

Todd