Forum: Ruby Generating OOo-Calc charts with Ruby

apanloco (Guest)
on 2007-03-19 13:40
For a while I have been using Ruby to generate charts in Excel through
WIN32OLE, i.e. require 'win32ole'. I am now wondering if something
similar can be achieved using OpenOffice.org Calc and Ruby. I can't find
anything about this when googling, but I would be surprised if it isn't
possible.

/al
Avdi G. (Guest)
On 3/19/07, apanloco <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:

> For a while I have been using Ruby to generate charts in Excel through
> WIN32OLE, i.e. require 'win32ole'. I am now wondering if something
> similar can be achieved using OpenOffice.org Calc and Ruby. I can't find
> anything about this when googling, but I would be surprised if it isn't
> possible.

Since the OO document format is an XML dialect, it should be possible to
generate the files directly with e.g. REXML.