Forum: Ruby How to make webpage?

Nikunj G. (Guest)
on 2007-03-18 18:40
Hi, I am new to Ruby and want to make 3 static web pages, which has
basic menus "users, Roles and permissions".

users information should consists of "Login, First name, Last name and
email".
list should show only 10 users.

form for adding user and mandatory fields "Login and email id"

user accounts should show user information and user information should
show role name and role description.

please tell me how to make this webpage or else please send me the
coding so that i can understand step by step with the help of some book.

regards,

Nikunj, nikunjgupta1 at gmail dot com
Tim B. (Guest)
On 3/18/07, Nikunj G. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:
> Hi, I am new to Ruby and want to make 3 static web pages, which has
> basic menus "users, Roles and permissions".
> please tell me how to make this webpage or else please send me the
> coding so that i can understand step by step with the help of some book.

In short, you'll probably need to learn to program or hire someone to
do this for you. You'll also not need ruby to build static pages.
Jamal S. (Guest)
Are you serious?
Albert Ng (Guest)
It's not *THAT* static, considering the form for adding new users. If
the
web page doesn't have to grow a lot, I'd suggest camping with sqlite3.

http://camping.rubyforge.org/files/README.html

Otherwise, rails would be more appropriate.
John J. (Guest)

>> On 3/18/07, Nikunj G. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:
>> > Hi, I am new to Ruby and want to make 3 static web pages, which has
>> > basic menus "users, Roles and permissions".
>> > please tell me how to make this webpage or else please send me the
>> > coding so that i can understand step by step with the help of
>> some book.

That is not a static web page. Static means unchanging. (in the case
of web pages it means they don't change without a person altering
them and they always appear the same way to everyone)
What you want is a dynamic web site. A web application. Sounds like
you are new to making web pages. Start with xhtml and css first, then
you'll be ready.
Nikunj G. (Guest)
on 2007-03-19 14:39
Yes, John J. is right, please send me the code if possible.
regards,
Nikunj, removed_email_address@domain.invalid
Harry H. (Guest)
On 3/19/07, Nikunj G. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:
> Yes, John J. is right, please send me the code if possible.
> regards,
> Nikunj, removed_email_address@domain.invalid

I think he means that you should study xhtml and css first.
Then try for yourself.
If you need Ruby, and you have a more specific question, you should ask
here.
Many people are very helpful if you have a specific question.

Good luck and enjoy.

Harry

--

http://www.kakueki.com/ruby/list.html
Japanese Ruby List Subjects in English
> Yes, John J. is right, please send me the code if possible.
> regards,

If you want sample code, you can find a website that does what you are
looking for and view the source code. But, if you do not understand
html then it may seem very confusing.
Get a book :-)

Regards,

Harry