Forum: GNU Radio cygwin, usb_control_msg failed: ...

Announcement (2017-05-07): www.ruby-forum.com is now read-only since I unfortunately do not have the time to support and maintain the forum any more. Please see rubyonrails.org/community and ruby-lang.org/en/community for other Rails- und Ruby-related community platforms.
steve (Guest)
on 2007-03-18 11:58
(Received via mailing list)
Hi,

I installed libusb-win32-filter-bin-0.1.12.0.exe to c:\LibUSB-Win32.
I compiled the sys and dll (cd /cygdrive/c/LibUSB-Win32/src; make all).

I installed the USRP windows driver following the description at
http://gnuradio.org/trac/wiki/USRPWindowsDriverInstall

When i look at the driver property in the device manager
i see that 'the device is working properly'. The libusb test program
detects the device as well.

When i run ./test_usrp_standard_rx.exe i get:
usb_control_msg failed: usb_control_msg: sending control message failed,
win error: A device attached to the system is not functioning.

rx_overun
xfered 1.34e+08 bytes in 4.25 seconds. 3.158e+07 bytes/sec. cpu time =
0.297
noverungs = 1

I get the first error message with any tool i try to access the USRP
(usrp_rx_cfile.py for example).

usrp_oscope.py displays the same error message but i see the signal
graph (but almost no amplitude).

steve
Don W. (Guest)
on 2007-03-18 16:38
(Received via mailing list)
"steve" wrote:

> I installed libusb-win32-filter-bin-0.1.12.0.exe to c:\LibUSB-Win32.
> I compiled the sys and dll (cd /cygdrive/c/LibUSB-Win32/src; make all).

This shouldn't be necessary; simply installing libusb from Cygwin setup
should be enough.

> I installed the USRP windows driver following the description at
> http://gnuradio.org/trac/wiki/USRPWindowsDriverInstall
>
> When i look at the driver property in the device manager
> i see that 'the device is working properly'. The libusb test program
> detects the device as well.
>
> When i run ./test_usrp_standard_rx.exe i get:
> usb_control_msg failed: usb_control_msg: sending control message failed,
> win error: A device attached to the system is not functioning.

This appears to be a new issue with version 0.1.12.0-1 of libusb.

> rx_overun
> xfered 1.34e+08 bytes in 4.25 seconds. 3.158e+07 bytes/sec. cpu time =
> 0.297
> noverungs = 1
>
> I get the first error message with any tool i try to access the USRP
> (usrp_rx_cfile.py for example).
>
> usrp_oscope.py displays the same error message but i see the signal
> graph (but almost no amplitude).

It sounds like everything is working despite the error message.  I also
get
the same error message with the new libusb, but my GNU Radio
applications
still seem to work ok.

I will look into the problem and see what I can find out.  For now you
can
either use it as is or go back to version 0.1.10.1-3 of libusb.

-- Don W.
This topic is locked and can not be replied to.