Forum: Radiant CMS RSS Feed for archive with sub categories

Sean Johnson (Guest)
I'm trying to use radiant for a site, and the blog section is broken
into
sub-categories (or children). I'm trying to figure out how to create an
RSS
feed that will pull in the posts within these categories. Right now it
just
shows the high-level categories. Any suggestions?

Thanks all...

-s
Sean C. (Guest)
If you're using Radiant 0.6 RC2 or the 'mental' branch, you can install
the "aggregation" extension, which will group together all of the child
pages of the pages specified.  Here's an example of what I use for the
homepage on my site; a similar technique could be used to create an RSS
feed (I used it to create an Atom feed).

<r:aggregate urls="/tech; /music; /philosophy">
  <r:children:each order="desc" limit="6">
    <h1><r:title /></h1>
    <r:content />
part="extended"> | <r:link anchor="extended">Continue
reading...</r:link></r:if_content></span>
  </r:children:each>
</r:aggregate>

Each of the pages specified by URL in the <r:aggregate> tag are of the
"Archive" type.

Cheers,

Sean
seancribbs.com
Sean Johnson (Guest)
Great - is there a list somewhere of all the currently available
extensions?

-s
Nancy C. (Guest)
Hi Sean,

I've been collecting them as they are announced here on the mailing
list.  I thought I'd make a part on my (coming soon) blog for this until
there was somehing "official".

Here is the list I have so far...
-----
In the Radiant svn (of course)

http://dev.radiantcms.org/radiant/browser/branches...
=> aggregation
=> ldap
=> mailer
=> reorder
=> search

Private Releases

vim extension : a href="http://www.raphinou.com/radiant.vim
Released by: Raphael B. (on 13 Mar, 2007)

virtual_domain :
http://silverinsanity.com/~benji/radiant/virtual_d...
Released by: Brian G. (on 27 Feb, 2007)

WYSIWYG Text Editor (based on TinyMCE) : http://tinyurl.com/2xfegp
Released by: Chris Parris (on 4 Feb, 2007

Maruku Text Filter : http://tinyurl.com/yr96bz
Released by: Chris P. (on 24 Feb, 2007)

rss_reader-0.2 : www.scidept.com/content/rss_reader-0.2
Released by: BJ Clark / Loren J. (on 23 Jan, 2007)

language_redirect_extension :
https://svn1.hosted-projects.com/medlar/language_r...
Released by: Giovanni I. (on 22 Jan, 2007)

page_attachments :
http://seancribbs.com/svn/rails/plugins/extensions...
Released by: Sean C. (on 21 Jan, 2007)
----

Hope this helps, and happy Saturday!
Nancy

Sean Johnson schrieb:
Chris P. (Guest)
on 2007-03-17 15:16
I was hoping somebody put would together something like this.  Nice job
Nancy!

...With one exception.  You've got me down as releasing two extensions.
Unfortunately I have no extensions out there.

I'm just opinionated enough around here that it /appears/ like I am
producing something ;).

I didn't want to take credit where it isn't deserved.

-Chris
Al Steffen (Guest)
The WYSYWIG and Maruku extensions actually are by Nathan W.. It is
a nice list though and it will be handy to have it around for when .6
is officially released since the current list on the site will be
obsolete.

--
Al Steffen
Nancy C. (Guest)

best regards,
Nancy

Al Steffen schrieb:
Erik van Oosten (Guest)
Hi Nancy,

That is a very nice list you have there.
Just for the record, I see someone has put them up at
http://dev.radiantcms.org/radiant/wiki/Extensions.

Regards,
     Erik.

Nancy C. wrote:
> http://dev.radiantcms.org/radiant/browser/branches...
>
> rss_reader-0.2 : www.scidept.com/content/rss_reader-0.2

Erik van Oosten
http://day-to-day-stuff.blogspot.com/
Nancy C. (Guest)
Hey, now there's good idea!

best regards,
Nancy

Erik van Oosten schrieb:
Karl Doody (Guest)
Hi all,

I've been playing around with extensions lately and I've got a couple
of questions, if anyone can enlighten me:

# Can extensions add actual pages to the site on activation? e.g. As
in, with slugs / URLs and everything, as if they'd been input through
the Admin interface (not as in sub-classing Page etc.).

# If not, can extensions add default content (HTML/tags) for a page
type? e.g. if I create a page called "widgets" and set it to my
custom page type of "WidgetListingPage", can it then be autofilled
with some appropriate HTML/tag content?

Kind regards,
-Karl
Michael J. (Guest)
I'm still new at radiant but my guess is YES and I think this may work:

In the migration file for your extension add code to create an entry
in the pages table.

Something like:
Page.create(your params here)