Forum: Ruby on Rails rake db:migrate equivalent for java

Ben Warner (Guest)
on 2007-03-16 14:02
Hiya all,
I'm working as a Java developer, but trying out ruby in my spare time.
I really like the db:migrate functionality in rake.  I was wondering if
anyone knows of a java/ant equivalent for a java setup.

Regards,
Ben Warner
Eric N. (Guest)
Checkout autopatch at http://autopatch.sourceforge.net/. I used to
work with the guys at tacitknowledge who wrote and now support it and
we used it on some very large projects and it worked well.

Eric
Blair Z. (Guest)
Ben Warner wrote:
> Hiya all,
> I'm working as a Java developer, but trying out ruby in my spare time.
> I really like the db:migrate functionality in rake.  I was wondering if
> anyone knows of a java/ant equivalent for a java setup.
>
> Regards,
> Ben Warner

Well, I believe you could use jruby and ActiveJDBC.  I haven't tried it
myself, but it may be possible.

Regards,
Blair

--
Blair Z., Ph.D.
<removed_email_address@domain.invalid>
Blair Z. wrote:
> Ben Warner wrote:
>> Hiya all,
>> I'm working as a Java developer, but trying out ruby in my spare time.
>> I really like the db:migrate functionality in rake.  I was wondering if
>> anyone knows of a java/ant equivalent for a java setup.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Ben Warner
>
> Well, I believe you could use jruby and ActiveJDBC.  I haven't tried it
> myself, but it may be possible.
>
> Regards,
> Blair
>
> --
> Blair Z., Ph.D.
> <removed_email_address@domain.invalid>
> Subversion training, consulting and support
> http://www.orcaware.com/svn/

Thankyou very much Blair / Eric, I'll have a look at both of those
products/methods.
Ben Warner (Guest)
on 2007-03-21 11:37
Autopatch looks to be the exact thing I'm after.  Cheers!