Forum: Ruby Animated window resize with FXRuby

Dat C. (Guest)
Hello,

Does anyone know of any prebuilt framework to facilitate animation in
FXRuby (or GTK, or Qt)? I am coming from the web world and don't know
everything about desktop GUI.

I can't seem to find any information on how to make similar animation
like those found in Scriptaculous, Mootools, ....

Any pointer would be appreciated guys.
Lyle J. (Guest)
On 3/15/07, Dat C. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:

> Does anyone know of any prebuilt framework to facilitate animation in
> FXRuby (or GTK, or Qt)? I am coming from the web world and don't know
> everything about desktop GUI.
>
> I can't seem to find any information on how to make similar animation
> like those found in Scriptaculous, Mootools, ....

There's not really anything like that built-in to FXRuby. You can
certainly set up a little timeout loop and gradually change the window
size (i.e. its width and height).
(Guest)
On Mar 15, 5:33 pm, "Dat C." <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Does anyone know of any prebuilt framework to facilitate animation in
> FXRuby (or GTK, or Qt)? I am coming from the web world and don't know
> everything about desktop GUI.
>
> I can't seem to find any information on how to make similar animation
> like those found in Scriptaculous, Mootools, ....
>
> Any pointer would be appreciated guys.
Qt4 QtRuby has Qt::TimeLine for animations that you can use in
conjunction with classes like Qt::GraphicsItemAnimation on a
Qt::GraphicsView canvas, as well as using it with ordinary Qt::Widgets.