Forum: Ruby on Rails rails 1.2 and the prototype/ajax bug

Martin DeMello (Guest)
What's the recommended fix for the "Ajax doesn't work" bug?
http://dev.rubyonrails.org/ticket/6579 is marked 'wontfix', but the
page is confusing in that I can't make out what I should be doing to
make my code work. I gem updated rails and ajax didn't work till I
manually downgraded prototype to _rc0 - I was a bit wary of applying
any of the fixes listed under the bug, since the prototype developers
didn't accept them.

martin
Philip H. (Guest)
> What's the recommended fix for the "Ajax doesn't work" bug?
> http://dev.rubyonrails.org/ticket/6579 is marked 'wontfix', but the
> page is confusing in that I can't make out what I should be doing to
> make my code work. I gem updated rails and ajax didn't work till I
> manually downgraded prototype to _rc0 - I was a bit wary of applying
> any of the fixes listed under the bug, since the prototype developers
> didn't accept them.

Are you using rico?  I had this problem on a site recently (ajax
scaffolding) that was using rico... only occured in Firefox.  Removed
rico
and all was well again.

-philip
Martin DeMello (Guest)
On 3/15/07, Philip H. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:
> scaffolding) that was using rico... only occured in Firefox.  Removed rico
> and all was well again.

No, just plain prototype. Happens with firefox 1.5 and 2.0.

martin