Forum: Ruby on Rails The road to study Ruby on Rails

ibn tachfine (Guest)
hi

I'm new in Ruby on rails and i want  that someone gives me references
to learn it quickly.

thanks in advance.
Luke I. (Guest)
Pragmatic programmers books can't steer you wrong:
Programming Ruby (for studying the base language)
Agile Web D. with Rails (for studying the framework)

Both great books.
(Guest)
Learn Ruby before coding in Ruby on Rails. Ruby for Rails by David
Black is a good book that teaches enough Ruby to get started.
Nelson H. (Guest)
on 2007-03-13 20:39
There's a whole bunch of free tutorials (and list of free tutorials) out
there you can find with google - I've compiled a list of my own[1],
hopefully it helps.

Nelson

[1]
http://blazingrails.basedex.com/index/8?context=4&...

ibn tachfine wrote:
> hi
>
> I'm new in Ruby on rails and i want  that someone gives me references
> to learn it quickly.
>

> thanks in advance.
Jim A. (Guest)
ibn tachfine wrote:
> hi
>
> I'm new in Ruby on rails and i want  that someone gives me references
> to learn it quickly.

Start here http://www.pragmaticprogrammer.com/titles/rails/index.html

cheers
</jima>
(Guest)
I have just started a new RoR site and podcast called Rubyology
(www.rubyology.com).  It consists of my lessons learned from
transitioning from Microsoft ASP/.NET to Ruby on Rails.  I hope to
help people bridge the learning curve and become productive quickly.
linoj (Guest)
For a top down view you can peruse my blog series

Evaluating Web D. Frameworks: Rails and Django:
A technical manager's guide to evaluating web development frameworks,
with a detailed review of Ruby on Rails and the Django (Python)
projects.

http://www.vaporbase.com/postings/c42/