Forum: Ruby asking about object databases and active record

Dave R. (Guest)
on 2007-03-13 15:38
why is it that mysql a relational database is the  preferred database
among rubyists and not an object orientated database (even a free object
orientated database)?

what is the important missing piece... i mean if you are using a object
orientated
programming language (and active record) why not the same for a database
system (to be consistent)? ...isn't simplier?
Avdi G. (Guest)
On 3/13/07, Dave R. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:

> why is it that mysql a relational database is the  preferred database
> among rubyists and not an object orientated database (even a free object
> orientated database)?

I wasn't aware we had a preferred database.  Maybe you meant among Rails
users?  In which case this might be a good question to ask the Rails
group.
Mark V. (Guest)
On Mar 13, 2007, at 8:38 AM, Dave R. wrote:

> system (to be consistent)? ...isn't simplier?
Austin Z. addressed this quite well in a post on 2/16/07 in a
thread titled "object databases in Ruby?".
See http://blade.nagaokaut.ac.jp/cgi-bin/scat.rb/ruby/....