Forum: Ruby on Rails Video Files in Rails App

John B. (Guest)

Can anyome point me in the right direction for displaying Video files in
a rails app.  I know there is a utube plugin for rails to display utube
video files but what i want is for a user to upload a video file and
have the start, pause, rewind, fastforward controls etc.

What is the best way for this.  Flash plugin, Ajax library etc???????

thanks

JB
Clayton C. (Guest)
Did you find anything?

Ive been using a code fragment usable on windows
Philip H. (Guest)
> Can anyome point me in the right direction for displaying Video files in
> a rails app.  I know there is a utube plugin for rails to display utube
> video files but what i want is for a user to upload a video file and
> have the start, pause, rewind, fastforward controls etc.
>
> What is the best way for this.  Flash plugin, Ajax library etc???????

If you are wiling to display flash video take a look at flowplayer..
it's
pretty slick... controls, playlists, skinnable, streaming, and free :)

http://flowplayer.sourceforge.net

-philip
John B. (Guest)
on 2007-03-16 11:48
Clayton C. wrote:
> Did you find anything?
>

> Ive been using a code fragment usable on windows

The best bet looks like Flash Video included in the page with a little
javascript (UFO or SWFObject). Flash Video can has a integrated look and
feel - and you can do some neat sudo-streaming.

Think i will give http://flowplayer.sourceforge.net a try looks
promising.