Forum: Ferret Newbie

D. K. (Guest)
on 2007-03-09 13:20
Hi!

Suppose I have many articles in a database and I want to know how many
times each search term appears in each one of them. Where do I start?

Thank you very much!

David
David B. (Guest)
On 3/9/07, D. Krmpotic <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:
> Hi!
>

> Suppose I have many articles in a database and I want to know how many
> times each search term appears in each one of them. Where do I start?

Here is an example;

require 'rubygems'
require 'ferret'

index = Ferret::I.new
index << {:content => 'one two three'}
index << {:content => 'no 3 here'}
index << {:content => 'three three three'}

index.reader.term_docs_for(:content, 'three').each do |doc, freq|
  puts "three appeared #{freq} times in document #{doc}"
end
D. K. (Guest)
on 2007-03-11 18:22
Thank you David! that will get me started..