Forum: Ruby on Rails complete newbie

Sterling (Guest)
on 2007-03-09 01:37
I have experience with html, css, php, and some with mysql.  My co
workers set me up with ruby on rails and radrails.  Where can I go te
get a good tutorial that will help me get started?
Husein C. (Guest)
http://railshandbook.com/

On 3/9/07, Sterling <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:

> I have experience with html, css, php, and some with mysql.  My co
> workers set me up with ruby on rails and radrails.  Where can I go te
> get a good tutorial that will help me get started?
>
> --

Husein C.,
CEO, CTO
Yucca Intelligence Development
http://www.YuccaHQ.com

We make the web a better place!
Jeff C. (Guest)
On Mar 8, 5:37 pm, Sterling <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:
> I have experience with html, css, php, and some with mysql.  My co
> workers set me up with ruby on rails and radrails.  Where can I go te
> get a good tutorial that will help me get started?

Without a doubt, start with this book (you can get the pdf, or paper,
or both):

http://pragmaticprogrammer.com/titles/rails2/index.html

I also found this book really good:

http://www.amazon.com/Ruby-Rails-Techniques-Develo...

Jeff
softiesonrails.com
Husein C. (Guest)
Yes, I agree with Jeff. The bible absoultly is AWDwR, 2n Ed. [1] But
if you want to know what goes under the hood, try to learn Ruby
completely.

Ruby for Rails [2] is a *great* book, and Ruby P.ming [3] is a must
read.

[1] http://pragmaticprogrammer.com/titles/rails2/index.html
[2] http://www.manning.com/black/
[3] http://pragmaticprogrammer.com/titles/ruby/index.html