Forum: Ruby on Rails CSS XHTML resource required?

Jim A. (Guest)
Can anyone recommend a good book or site for doing CSS and [X|D]HTML.

cheers
<.jima>
Chris G. (Guest)
It really depends on what your skill level is.

I wholeheartedly recommend Bulletproof Web Design (Dan Cederholm of
SimpleBits).  Also, if you're on a Mac, CSSEdit2 is the best thing
since sliced bread.  I always used to be a straight-up TextMate kind
of guy but CSSEdit2 has made me sooooooo much more productive (
http://macrabbit.com/cssedit/ ).  Give it a look.
Michael W. (Guest)
Jim A. wrote:
> Can anyone recommend a good book or site for doing CSS and [X|D]HTML.

For DHTML I like DOM Scripting by Jeremy Keith. He's has a new book
called Bulletproof Ajax that's apparently like a second edition of DOM
Scripting in that it includes Ajax but I haven't looked at it yet.

For CSS I like Bulletproof Web Design by Dan Cederholm and CSS Mastery
by Andy Budd.

--
Michael W.
donut d. (Guest)
Michael W. wrote:
> Jim A. wrote:
>> Can anyone recommend a good book or site for doing CSS and [X|D]HTML.
>
> For DHTML I like DOM Scripting by Jeremy Keith. He's has a new book
> called Bulletproof Ajax that's apparently like a second edition of DOM
> Scripting in that it includes Ajax but I haven't looked at it yet.
>
> For CSS I like Bulletproof Web Design by Dan Cederholm and CSS Mastery
> by Andy Budd.
>

> --
> Michael W.

I knew close to nothing about CSS 3 months ago(I used to do almost all
my layouts with HTML tables).  Reading CSS Mastery really opened my
eyes.
Google Account (Guest)
Michael\donut

thxs for the references. I have had a look at CSS Mastery and
Bulletproof Web Design on the web and they both get outstanding reviews

cheers
</jima>