Forum: Ruby Looking for crc32-0.1.0

s0nspark (Guest)
on 2007-03-08 04:18
I inherited some legacy ruby code that uses the Digest::CRC32 extension
mentioned here:

Unfortunately the source I was given only included that extension
already compiled for Windows (i.e. no source) and I am trying to port
the code to run under the Mac and Linux... but it seems that the
original site is MIA and the project has been removed from the RAA, so I
am in a pickle!

Before I go and try to roll my own implementation, I thought I'd check
and see if anyone happens to have a copy of the source tarball for that
extension laying around that they could send me... Anyone? Please?! :-)

My email is: s0nspark <at> gmail <dot> com

Thanks so much!
Tim
Gavin K. (Guest)
On Mar 7, 6:18 pm, www-data <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:
> Before I go and try to roll my own implementation, I thought I'd check
> and see if anyone happens to have a copy of the source tarball for that
> extension laying around that they could send me... Anyone? Please?! :-)

Could you post a few simple and complex test cases of the input/output
this library produces?
Timothy G. (Guest)
On Mar 8, 3:18 pm, www-data <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:
> and see if anyone happens to have a copy of the source tarball for that
> extension laying around that they could send me... Anyone? Please?! :-)
>
> My email is: s0nspark <at> gmail <dot> com
>
> Thanks so much!
> Tim
>
> --

CRC32 can be found in the OpenSSL library. This is available with all
standard installations.
Tim F. (Guest)
on 2007-03-08 14:02
Timothy G. wrote:

> CRC32 can be found in the OpenSSL library. This is available with all
> standard installations.

Yes, I am aware of that (and that Zlib also has a Ccrc32 method I could
substitute. It is just that the particular extension I'm after seems to
adhere to the common interface of a Digest module ...

Of course I am still sorting out what exactly that is in terms of the
code I've inherited so it may not be a big deal in the end. Still, if
anyone has that tarball hanging about... :-)

Cheers,
Tim