Forum: Ruby on Rails Rails 1.2.1 twice as slow as Rails 1.1.6?

Rob S. (Guest)
http://www.robsanheim.com/2007/03/06/rails-121-is-...

If anyone else has done similar benchmarks, please do tell :).

- rob
Eric H. (Guest)
On Mar 6, 2007, at 21:05, Rob S. wrote:
> http://www.robsanheim.com/2007/03/06/rails-121-is-...
> rails-161/
>
> If anyone else has done similar benchmarks, please do tell :).

I created a scaffold application with one database table and one
database field then ran the below script against each.  I found no
difference in times for 100 iterations.

Each took ~ 1m45s running in production mode on WEBrick.

There may be particular methods that have gotten slower or faster,
but for the common code paths I find this doubtful.

require 'rubygems'
require 'mechanize'

count = 0
N = ARGV.first.to_i

agent = WWW::Mechanize.new
page = agent.get 'http://localhost:3000/compares/index'

N.times do |i|
   puts " --> #{i}"
   puts page.title
   page = page.links.last.click

   form = page.forms.first
   form.fields.name('compare[data]').value = "data #{count += 1}"

   page = agent.submit form
   puts page.title
   page = page.links.first.click # Show

   puts page.title
   page = page.links.first.click # Edit

   form = page.forms.first
   form.fields.name('compare[data]').value += " edited"

   page = agent.submit form

   puts page.title
   page = page.links.last.click # Back

   puts page.title
   page = agent.post page.links[2].href # Destroy

   puts page.title