Forum: Ruby Error when specifying proxy

Behrang S. (Guest)

When I set the HTTP_PROXY env var to
user:pass@http://proxy.monash.edu.au:8080 and run gem to install
Rials, I get the following error:

  C:\Documents and Settings\Behrang>gem install rails --remote
  ERROR:  While executing gem ... (URI::InvalidURIError)
    can not set user with registry or opaque

Any ideas what is probably causing the error and how can I fix it?
(The environment is Win XP)

Regards,
Behi

--
"Science is a differential equation. Religion is a boundary condition"
- Alan Turing

Behrang S.
http://www.jroller.com/page/behrangsa
http://my.opera.com/behrangsa
Stefan M. (Guest)
Behrang S. wrote:
> Any ideas what is probably causing the error and how can I fix it?
> (The environment is Win XP)

It should be

http://user:removed_email_address@domain.invalid:8080

if I remember correctly

You can also set this up in your .gemrc-file