Forum: Ruby mssqlclient returns nil for money, decimal, numeric fields

Damjan R. (Guest)
on 2007-03-06 14:49
Only real and float field types return values as they should.

Since I haven't found nothing on the subject on net I wonder if it's
only me.

by

TheR
Scott (Guest)
On Mar 6, 6:49 am, Damjan R. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:
The mssqlclient works well enough for a demo at this point, but is not
fit for production.  You should check out the source (http://
rubyforge.org/scm/?group_id=2344) and fix the bugs before you stick it
into a live site.  I do know that it passed more tests than the built-
in MSSql adapter, so it's a little odd that it wont return decimals
back to you properly.  When this was written it was used on a site
that dealt with a lot of currency values, so there might be something
else going on.

-Scott
Damjan R. (Guest)
on 2007-03-07 08:39
Scott wrote:
> On Mar 6, 6:49 am, Damjan R. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:
> The mssqlclient works well enough for a demo at this point, but is not
> fit for production.  You should check out the source (http://
> rubyforge.org/scm/?group_id=2344) and fix the bugs before you stick it
> into a live site.  I do know that it passed more tests than the built-
> in MSSql adapter, so it's a little odd that it wont return decimals
> back to you properly.  When this was written it was used on a site
> that dealt with a lot of currency values, so there might be something
> else going on.
>
> -Scott

I am using last rails (1.2.2), ruby 1.8.5.

Browsing source won't do no good because I don't C.

by

TheR