Forum: Ruby on Rails active::record and postgres schemas

George G. (Guest)
on 2007-03-06 09:54
Hi
It seems that active record only supports views from the public schema
in postgres? but i feel that there must be a way to overide this.

Somebody with an idea about how to achive this?

i have a database with 3 different schemas. After fine tuning here and
there rails can read and access the different database views using
active record but only those from the public schema.

i have set the same privileges for all the three schemas but it seems
like active record is "only in love" with the public views and tables.

Anyone who knows how to overide this in active record?

or using the database.yml configurations?

thanks
rgds
tanzanite
Jeremy K. (Guest)
On 3/5/07, Tanzanite T. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:

> i have set the same privileges for all the three schemas but it seems
> like active record is "only in love" with the public views and tables.
>
> Anyone who knows how to overide this in active record?
>
> or using the database.yml configurations?

Set schema_search_path: public,other,schemas in database.yml

jeremy
mezza (Guest)
Hi Jeremy,

Is it possible the issue is related to this possible bug:

http://dev.rubyonrails.org/ticket/7688

Mezza