Forum: Ruby ruby 1.8.5-24 rubyw does not work

ctyu (Guest)
Hi All

rubyw hasnt worked for me since first release 1.8.5

Does anyone has the  same problem?

ctyu
Jan S. (Guest)
On 3/5/07, ctyu <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:
> Hi All
>
> rubyw hasnt worked for me since first release 1.8.5
>
> Does anyone has the  same problem?

Ok, first I wanted to write an essay how to report bugs... ;-) then
i've found tyour bug already filed.

So, I suppose your problem is that when running under rubyw you don't
have console/stdout etc. That means puts cannot possibly work - it
doesn't have anything to write to.
ctyu (Guest)
On 5 mar, 12:04, "Jan S." <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:

> So, I suppose your problem is that when running under rubyw you don't
> have console/stdout etc. That means puts cannot possibly work - it
> doesn't have anything to write to.

Hi Jan,

I also have a script that starts a webrick, and it also does not work,
but works under 1.8.4-20.

I submitted bug when first release 1.8.5 came out. Thought it was
fixed

Thanks
ctyu
Tim B. (Guest)
> > Ok, first I wanted to write an essay how to report bugs...
> I also have a script that starts a webrick, and it also does not work,
> but works under 1.8.4-20.
>
> I submitted bug when first release 1.8.5 came out. Thought it was
> fixed

I think what Jan was trying to say about reporting bugs is that if you
don't describe the problem and ideally provide some code to illustrate
your point, you have very little chance of receiving a satisfying
answer.
ctyu (Guest)
On 5 mar, 13:41, "Tim B." <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:
> answer.
Hi All

Thanks for the responses.

The test script below works fine in 1.8.4 (ruby/rubyw) and 1.8.5
(ruby.exe)

But in 1.8.5 (rubyw) it doesnt work and it also doesnt show up at
process list.

My system is WinXP SP2 Brazilian-Portuguese, with fresh intall of
ruby-1.8.5-24 one click installer

== a.rbw ==
require "webrick"

server = WEBrick::HTTPServer.new(:Port=>1234)

server.mount_proc("/hello") do |req,resp|
  resp['Content-Type'] = "text/html"
  resp.body = "<p>hello</p>"
end

trap("INT"){server.shutdown}