Ruby IDE's

Rohit C. wrote:

Best would be Netbeans or Eclipse , no doubt .
But both are so slow on my recently bought machine ( Intel Core 2 Duo ,
nVidia 9600 1 GB , 4 GB RAM , Windows Vista ) thats its of no practical
use .

NetBeans on my Kubuntu laptop (Intel Core 2 Duo, 3 GB RAM) is quite
peppy. Have not found it to be buggy at all. Extremely useful.

That said, I prefer gvim for day-to-day coding. I use NetBeans for the
UI editor when hacking on JRuby desktop apps. But I know a few folks
who use quite regularly (on Macs)

If it’s important to have an “IDE” (as opposed to a code editor),
NetBeans is a really good option.

James B.

www.neurogami.com - Smart application development

Mark T wrote:

A most effective facility I have found is to be able to edit vertically.

tabs → Spaces, indent.

jedit.org.

Absolutely. I use this facility in the jEdit editor all the time.
Couldn’t live without it.

All you need is jEdit plus the RubyPlugin and you’ll be sitting at a
very powerful console. I use jEdit far more than I use my word processor
or spreadsheet - I can’t say enough good things about this editor. I’ve
looked at a great many others, and have never found even a close
competitor. It’s my #1 must-have tool, for Ruby and many other things.

t.

Tom C., MS MA, LMHC - Private practice Psychotherapist
Bellingham, Washington, U.S.A: (360) 920-1226
<< [email protected] >> (email)
<< TomCloyd.com >> (website)

With the latest, I think its 4.3.17pre, It loads up and then the loading
bar at the bottom gets to “Run startup script” and hangs there forever.

I tried the irc channel, I tried different builds Nobody can solve it,
nobody even has an idea what is wrong.

I spent literally seven hours trying to get JEdit past this problem on
my Mac Os X machine without any success at all.

I tried the os x specific one, I tried the platform independent one.

I asked on the ruby on rails and ruby language ircs too. I have the
pre-requisites, but it seems I am doomed to suffer this issue that
nobody seems to be experiencing without letup, while everyone else
installs it and has it ring without a single hitch. Google send me a
message “Give it up” when last I tried to find the answer.